Figuring out how to deliver the best customer service can be daunting. Some experts advise business owners to focus on offering discounts and deals, while others say the bottom line is service rather than pricing. We understand that sometimes it seems easier to focus on how to offer incentives or rewards, but what customers really want most goes deeper than dollars and cents.
Having been in the communications business for nearly 50 years, we can confidently say that the clients we’ve seen grow the most have invested more of their efforts in solid customer service rather than deals or discounts. The most successful clients also firmly believe that customer satisfaction is just the beginning — customer loyalty is the real measurement that builds a business.
Your customer service practices are the key to actually connecting with your customers, and these practices should guide each and every conversation. To show your customers that they are valued during each interaction with your business, focus on these 7 C’s of Customer Service:
7 C’s of Customer Service
- CARING: Show that you care about your company, customers, and coworkers by speaking only respectfully about each of them.
- CONFIDENT: Be able to answer customers’ questions knowledgeably…. It’s OK to say you’re not sure of the answer if that’s the case, but always follow that by saying, "I'll find out."
- CONSIDERATE: Extending empathy goes a long way toward taking care of customer's emotional needs, without having to immediately fix each and every issue. “I understand” or “I can imagine” are two phrases that can quickly calm an angry or frustrated customer.
- COMMITTED: Be willing to go the extra mile. Get all the information about what a customer is requesting so that you can transfer calls to the right person, or follow up with the accurate information.
- CREATIVE: Always remember every person and situation is different. Think outside of the box if a customer’s situation or request needs a bit more attention.
- CONTROLLED: Always practice good call control and remain 'in control' when dealing with an 'out of control' caller.
- CONTAGIOUS: If you are positive and pleasant, you will most likely get the same attitude from your customers.
By keeping the “7 C’s of Customer Service” in mind during every conversation, you’ll convey that your customers are the heart of your business, and they will thank you with their loyalty.
If you’d like to know how the professional receptionists at Towne Answering Service use the 7 C’s to connect with your customers, call us at 800-660-4316 for a free consultation. You can also visit our website to learn more about our various business solutions and service commitment, and how we can partner with your business to provide personalized, exceptional customer service to meet your specific needs and goals.